POOLS & SCHEDULES
Make a Splash with the Evergreen Park & Recreation District (EPRD)!
There are two pools: Buchanan Park Recreation Center (BPRC) and Wulf Recreation Center (WRC)
Due to COVID-19, access to pools is restricted.
- Lap swimming available (two people per lane) during the temporary hours of operation. It will be a first come, first serve basis. If we are at capacity, we will take your name and phone number and ask you to sit in your car until a lane is open.
- Family Swim Time is available at BPRC and WRC. At BPRC, a family can rent the zero-depth, vortex, and splashdown area for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Water features and the big green slide are available at certain times and days (there is a slightly higher fee). At WRC, your family can rent the two center lap lanes and use of the diving board. Reservations are required. Cost per family of four: $17/DR or $21/NDR. Additional charges for each family member after the 4th person. If you have the water features and slide at BPRC, the cost is $27/DR or $34/NDR. Family must adhere to social distancing guidelines from other swimmers in the pool. At BPRC, there will be two families per time slot and there could be lap swimmers in the lap lanes. Families can reserve and pay for both spots per family swim time slot if they prefer. At WRC, there will be one family per time slot and there could be lap swimmers in the lap lanes.
- On Mondays, the two lap lanes at BPRC will be closed between 9-9:45 AM due to a water exercise class.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, WRC pool will be closed between 9:30-10:45 for Masters Swimming.
|Buchanan Park||Pool Hours (Temporary)|
|Monday through Friday||6 AM to 1 PM and 3 PM to 7PM|
|Saturday||7 AM to 2 PM|
Water features are currently turned off.
|Wulf Rec||Pool Hours (Temporary)|
|Monday through Friday||6 AM to 1PM|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
- 86 degree temperatures
- Dry sauna
- Hot tub
- Two 25-yard lap lanes
- Two story slide
- UV water treatment
- Vortex channel
- Water features
- Zero depth entry
- 3 to 11 feet depth
- 83 degree temperatures
- Six 25-yard lap lanes with one-meter diving board
- UV water treatment
Wulf Recreation Center pool uses a Spectrum Swim Lift II and special stairs for needed pool access.
Buchanan Park Recreation Center pool has zero depth entry, a water adapted wheelchair, hot tub lift and transfer wall.
Wibit and Log Roll- currently unavailable due to COVID-19
A pool toy (Rolling Log or Wibit) will be put in the WRC pool on Saturday between 1 to 4 PM or Sunday 11 AM to 2 PM upon request. Contact the front desk or Aquatics office.
- State law requires all pool users to shower before entering the pool. Deck showers available at both locations.
- Circle swimming is required when more than two swimmers are present in a lane
- Children eight years and younger must be accompanied by an adult in the pool area and children under age six need adult supervision in the water
- Children 13 years and younger may use the hot tub during family hours when accompanied by an adult
- 14 years and older may use the sauna and hot tub
- Water features normally operate after 11 a.m. seven days a week; however may be turned off during swim lessons or instructional classes
Pool Parties, After Hours, and Overnight Rentals available at Buchanan Park and Wulf Recreation Pools
Details on rental information is available on our Facilities Rental Page
Scout Merit Badge Testing
Schedule pool time with the Recreation Supervisor - Aquatics for your troop to complete their badge testing and group fee discount. Best pool times are Saturday 1 to 4 PM and Sunday 11 AM to 2 PM.
Child/Infant CPR/AED Class
Learn important knowledge and skills that could save a life! This 3-hour training class covers choking and CPR/AED with optional certification. The class will be run over 2 dates. If you have infants/children or work with infants/children, this is a valuable class for you!