YOUTH MARTIAL ARTS
Youth Martial Arts is now part of the Teen/ Adult Martial Arts.
Teen & Adult Martial Arts (Iwayama Martial Arts of Evergreen)
At Iwayama Jujutsu, we teach a style of traditional Japanese Jujutsu known as Shinsenka Ryu. Unlike Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, which focuses mostly on grappling and ground fighting, much of Japanese Jujitsu is done from a standing position and then transitions to a submission/controlling ground technique that may include arm-bars and leg-bars, chokes, constrictions, or various combinations leading into rapid “tap-outs”. Shinsenka Ryu breaks its techniques into blocks of arts (techniques), progressing into more advance arts as a student evolves, each block having techniques that are thematically similar.
A student will repeat and finetune their skills as each block builds on the last, teaching students the principals of jujitsu, so they are ready for the next set of arts when they advance in rank. Students will learn holds and escapes, joint manipulation, pressure points, multiple throws and speed takedowns, grappling and groundwork, combinations, and various arts to defend against an attacker with a weapon. Students will also learn to strike, block, and control an attacking threat using the Arts of Kempo Jujutsu. Students gain confidence and training in traditional martial arts, modern-day defense applications, practical self-defense, situational awareness, while building self-esteem, discipline, respect, fitness and overall health.
We offer a safe, clean, non-discriminatory, all inclusive, friendly and healthy training environment that focuses on personal growth and development for teens and adult students.
Jujitsu & Kempo-Jutsu Martial Arts Class – Teen/ Adult (13 Plus Years and All Adults)
- Safe, friendly and healthy training environment
- Focus on personal growth and development
- Train towards rank advancement, proficiency and competency in the Martial Arts
- Jujutsu and Kempo-Jujutsu are the primary training focus
- Tue/Thu evenings from 5:30 PM to 7 PM
- Location: Spruce Training Room - Wulf Recreation Center (WRC)
- Monthly Tuition: $120 for unlimited classes
- Contact: Please email Head Instructor Eric Goslau or call him at 970-409-8019 if you have questions