ICE SKATING AND HOCKEY
Masks are REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES while skating at Evergreen Lake House and Buchanan Ponds.
Buchanan Ponds skating is closed for the season due to unstable ice.
Skating at Evergreen Lake is Now Open!
Ice skating and hockey will look a little different this winter, but EPRD is working with Jefferson County Public Health to make sure we can provide a safe experience for all visitors, residents, and employees. We are still working on details, but below is some information subject to change:
- Tickets will be sold up to seven days in advance by time slots - online only. No walk-up ticket sales.
- We will have smaller individual rinks this year limited to 10 people per rink. You must maintain 6 feet of distance between households.
- For contact sports such as hockey and broomball, only one household per rink allowed. If you are doing skills/drills (no scrimmage/game) and can maintain 6 feet of distance between households, you can have more than one household per rink.
- For tickets, you will need to have an account with EPRD's registration software, ActiveNet. Therefore, we suggest setting up an account now if you do not have one. Most EPRD patrons will have an account and may only need to update their information. Instructions for ActiveNet are on the Community Announcements Page. Links for reservations are below under the "Fees and Reservations" tab.
- EPRD will use every other rink with staggered times to abide by health orders to maintain 50 feet between groups.
- No shuttling this year due to COVID-19. Parking is always limited, so when your time is done at Evergreen Lake, please be kind and leave promptly so the next wave of skaters can have a parking space.
- Skate rentals and limited concession food/drinks will be available outside ONLY at Evergreen Lake. No inside access to Evergreen Lake House will be allowed. No skate rentals or concessions at Buchanan Ponds.
- Monday through Friday: 3 to 7 PM, weather permitting
- Saturday: 8 AM to 8 PM, weather permitting
- Sunday: 8 AM to 7 PM, weather permitting
Always call the Skating Hotline 720-880-1391 before heading to Evergreen Lake or Buchanan Ponds as fluctuating weather can affect hours of operation.
2021 Evergreen Pond Hockey Championship- Cancelled for 2021
Skating and Hockey Information
- Please Scroll Down for Options
- Fees and Reservations
- Lake Rules
- Private Skate Parties
- Parking & Shuttle Service
- Ice Safety Brochure
- "Skate the Lake"
Hockey and Skating Hotline: 720-880-1391
- All hours are weather permitting.
- To find out if we are open, please call the Hotline rather than calling either Rec Center, as it is updated daily.
- Always call the Hotline before you leave for the lake. Hours and days are subject to change due to fluctuating weather and ice conditions.
- Please make sure the lake is open for skating before dropping off children and be prompt picking them up at closing times.
Regular Hours - weather permitting
|Monday through Friday||3 PM to 7 PM|
|Saturday||8 AM to 8 PM|
|Sunday||8 AM to 7 PM|
Holiday Hours - weather permitting
|Winter Break||December 23 to January 5||8 AM to 8 PM|
|Christmas Eve||December 24||9 AM to 3 PM|
|Christmas Day||December 25||10 AM to 3 PM|
|New Year's Eve||December 31||8 AM to 7 PM|
|New Year's Day||January 1||8 AM to 7 PM|
|Martin Luther King Day||January 18||8 AM to 7 PM|
|Presidents' Day||February 15||8 AM to 7 PM|
|Fees Per Hour||Fee|
|Hourly Rink Rate (up to 10 people)||$40/rink|
Skate rental for any participant is $7 per pair. Skate rentals only available at Evergreen Lake. NO skate rentals at Buchanan Ponds.
Effective January 24, you can now make individual skating reservations if you do not want to rent an entire rink. Skaters will be put on a rink (total of 10 people) so you could be on the ice with people you do not know. You must maintain 6 ft of distance between households. Reservations are for one hour. No sticks, no pucks, skating only. Masks required.
Sorry, tickets will NOT be transferable between Evergreen Lake House and Buchanan Ponds. Please make sure you purchase tickets for the correct location.
Hand sharpening is offered during scheduled skate times for $8 per pair at Evergreen Lake. Skate sharpening is NOT available at Buchanan Ponds.
Skate sizes for rent range from strap-on skates to men's size 15. Expect lines for skate rental. The rental fee is $7 per pair. Skate rentals are NOT available at Buchanan Ponds.
Group Broomball Rental
Rink, sticks, and balls are included for $65 per hour plus individual ticket purchase.
Ice Rink Rental
A portion of the lake skating area may be sectioned off for the use of private parties, hockey games, broomball, or other skating activities. Please call Evergreen Lake House Office at 720-880-1300 for a reservation.
The rental fee is $65 per hour plus individual ticket purchase. Please note that the reservation fee is for ice rink rental only. Individual tickets may be purchased at a discount.
Warming Hut Rental- not currently available
During open skate hours, the warming hut is available for rent for birthday parties, meetings, group events, and more. The rental fee is $200 for 2 hours and $75 for each additional hour. Tables and chairs are available inside the hut and a private hockey rink with goals is included with the rental. Please call Evergreen Lake House Office at 720-880-1300 for information and reservations.
Not currently available
Evergreen Lake House and skate rinks are closed to the public during private events. Please call for group pricing and availability. Skate rental and broomball equipment are included. Concessions are available upon request. Call 720-880-1300 for information and reservations.
Lake parking is limited. Due to COVID-19, there will NOT be any shuttle buses this winter season.
Learn to Skate Classes
Register online, at Evergreen Lake House, or at either Recreation Center. Always call the Skating Hotline in advance to check conditions. Do not drop off children for classes without being sure the rink is open.
Please arrive early to rent skates (included with class) and check-in at the ticket window to receive a lesson ticket. Helmets are required.
Learn To Skate - Beginner (3 to 5 Years)
Learn how to stand, walk and fall down properly on skates. The class progresses to learning how to glide and stop over the course of four weeks.
Learn to Skate - Beginner (6 to 9 Years)
Learn how to stand, walk, and fall down properly on skates. The class progresses to learning how to glide and stop over the course of four weeks.
For children 7 years and older wanting to improve their skating skills, we recommend private/semi-private lessons.
|Private/Semi-Private Skating Lessons|
|Semi-Private||Half - Hour||$25|