- Activities & Programs
Youth Fishing Clinic at Buchanan Ponds
Evergreen Trout Unlimited Fishing Clinic provides expert instruction on the basics and fun of fishing: fly tying, elementary entomology (study of insects), rod handling, casting a fly and understanding proper angling ethics. Clinic includes fishing on the Buchanan Ponds with a Evergreen Trout Unlimited member, fly box with flies, a picnic lunch, bottled water and soda and a free t-shirt. Rods and flies are also provided. Please dress for the weather so bring sunscreen, a hat, a raincoat, and sunglasses. Space is limited. For ages 10 and above.
Join us at Buchanan Ponds for a special clinic with Evergreen Trout Unlimited on May 13th, 8 AM-12 PM, for youth ages 10-17 yrs!
Buchanan Ponds Fishing Permits
The ponds at Buchanan Park Rec Center make an exceptional fishery. Fishing is permitted at Buchanan Park unless the ponds are frozen over. Paid permits are required. The following rules also apply:
- Nets and barbless flies are required.
- Catch and release only.
- Float tubes permitted. No boats.
- A limit of 10 permits sold daily. Permit only valid for day of purchase.
- No state fishing license required.
- Wristbands must be worn while fishing; available at the Buchanan front desk.
- Individuals purchasing permits online must show receipt for proof of purchase if asked by EPRD personnel.
Questions or problems? Call Buchanan Park & Recreation Center at 720-880-1100. A $3 identification card is required for punch card.
Fees at Buchanan Ponds
Daily Admission Fee
|Participant||District Resident Fee||Non-District Resident Fee|
|Youth (14 years and younger) with Adult||$10||$13|
|Youth (15 to 18 years) and Seniors (60 plus years)||$15||$19|
|Adult (19 to 59 years)||$20||$25|
Purchase Online Daily Fishing Pass/Permit for Buchanan Ponds
Evergreen Lake Fishing
A Colorado fishing license is required. Fishing licenses are available at the Evergreen Safeway. For exact prices, please visit Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
- Lake is stocked with rainbow trout.
- All legal live and artificial baits may be used, no live minnows.
- Fishing is not allowed around the Lake House except those using pier for handicap access.
- All state laws must be obeyed.
- Hours are sunrise to sunset.