EPRD COVID Updates - November 20, 2020
EPRD will be implementing some new protocols due to the new Jeffco/State Health Level Red Orders effective Friday, November 20, 2020. The majority of EPRD's programs and activities will be limited to 10% capacity or 10 people, whichever is less. Reservations or registration will be required.
We wanted to provide some information and links to various resources that may help with any questions.
- CO Public Health Order 20-36 updated Nov 17, 2020
- Dial Policy and Capacity Restrictions
- Information on Face Masks vs Face Shields
Below are changes taking place at EPRD effective Friday, Nov 20, 2020.
- Current hours of facility operations: BPRC is open 6 AM to 1:15 PM and 2:30 PM to 7:15 PM, Monday through Friday and 7 AM to 2:15 PM on Saturday. WRC is open 6 AM to 1:15 PM, Monday through Friday.
- BPRC and WRC will remain open with a maximum capacity of 10% or 10 people per room, whichever is less. Therefore, the number of slots available for using the cardio/weight rooms has been reduced. Reservations are required. We will do reservations through Sign-Up Genius to make it easier for our patrons. You will pay for your facility visit when you arrive. Sign Up Genius for Reservations.
- Lap swimming will be reduced to one person per lap lane. No sharing even with family members due to capacity limits. Reservations for lap swimming will be required to meet capacity limitations. We will do reservations through Sign-Up Genius to make it easier for our patrons. You will pay for your admission visit when you arrive. Sign-Up Genius for Reservations
- Reservation sign-ups will be available 7 days in advance, to the minute. For example, to sign up on Monday for an 11 am slot for the following Monday, you will need to wait until 11 am before it will show up as available. Please limit to one sign-up per day per person to allow for as many people as possible to utilize the recreation facilities.
- Aquatic classes and family swim will be reduced to meet limits. Aquatic classes will be limited to 10 participants and require reservations through Sign-Up Genius. Family swim requires prior registration.
- Showers and lockers remain closed. Come workout/swim-ready. Deck showers have been installed at both pools for swimmers to use.
- Fitness classes will be limited to 10 people and are still available online via Zoom. If you want to take classes via Zoom, you do have to pre-register so we can send you the appropriate login information. See information on fitness classes.
- Many of our programs such as basketball and gymnastics will be reduced to 10% capacity or 10 people, whichever is less. We are working to coordinate these programs which may mean moving them to different rooms or different facilities. If you are affected by this change, you will be notified by email from the program supervisor.
- Outdoor recreational activities may occur with 10 people or fewer and must maintain 6-feet of distance from non-household members. At Marshdale, only two pickleball courts and one tennis court will be available. Pickleball courts are limited to 4 people per court and tennis is limited to 2 per court. At Wulf Rec Center, tennis courts will be available. The number of courts available will vary based on reservations number as we are limited to 10 people total for all four courts. Reservations are required through Krista Emrich. Outdoor courts will be available from 8 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Sunday, weather permitting.
- All indoor pickleball courts will be limited to single-family play from the same household. This means a maximum of 4 players per court. No mix play between households allowed. We will charge a typical facility admission fee per person. No beginner, intermediate, advanced play will be allowed. Reservations required. Sign-Up Genius for Reservations
- EPRD will continue with child care as we are considered an essential child care provider. We have even extended our hours to support parents as schools are transitioning to 100% remote learning. Child Care Information.
- Parks/Playgrounds- Capacity will be reduced to 10 at a time. We suggest you bring your own sanitizing wipes as the play equipment is not cleaned on a frequent basis.
- Open Climbing has been discontinued until our capacity limits are increased.
- We are working with Jefferson County Public Health to provide outdoor ice skating/hockey this winter. It will definitely look different than in the past, but we know this is an important activity for the community. We will send details when protocols have been finalized with Jefferson County. We do know advance ticket sales will be required, so if you don't have an ActiveNet account set up with EPRD, we suggest doing that now. (Instructions are below) Most EPRD patrons likely already have an account, so you may only need to update your ActiveNet account rather than creating a new one.
- Patrons are required to wear face masks. There are exceptions for those while swimming in the pool and health reasons. A face shield is not an acceptable substitute for a cloth or disposable face covering. See information about face masks.
- Waivers will need to be signed by patrons acknowledging we can not guarantee that you or your family will not become exposed to or infected by COVID-19 as a result of participation in an EPRD program, event, or activity. We will obviously be taking extra cleaning/disinfecting measures to minimize this risk as much as possible.
If you do not currently have a Sign-Up Genius account, it is very easy! They require a name, email, and password- that's it! Go to www.signupgenius.com
Thanks to all of you for wearing your face masks, maintaining 6-feet, and washing/disinfecting your hands. These safety precautions are critical in helping us stay open for recreation! We will get through this!
All future updates and changes can be found here on our website. We look forward to seeing you!
|EPRD COVID Reference Material|
|Release of Liability- COVID-19|
|Status of Activities|
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Welcome Back Re-Opening Video|
|How To Videos for EPRD Customer Portal||How to Instructions for EPRD Customer Portal|
|How to Create an Online EPRD Account- video||How to Create an Online EPRD Account- document|
|How to Update Information on EPRD Online Account-video||How to Update Information on EPRD Online Account- doc|
|How to Make Reservation and Pay -video||How to Make Reservation and Pay - document|